Friday, August 12, 2011

♥ Black & White ♥


Black & White

This tutorial was written by me on August 12, 2011,
and is written for those with a working knowledge of PSP.
It is written using PSP9, however, any version will do.
Please do not alter my tuts, or copy & paste them to any websites, blogs, or forums.
You may however, provide a link to the tut on my site.
This tutorial is my own creation, and any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.


Materials Needed:

Tube of choice. I am using the work of Jessica Dougherty. You need a license to use her work,
and you can purchase it at CDO HERE.
Scrap kit of choice, or the one I used is a gorgeous freebie by LaCaRoLiTaS DeSiGnZ.
It is called Black & White, and can be found HERE.
Template by Creative By Nature, template #12.
You can find it HERE.
You will have to go to the links on the left hand side of the page,
and find template bundles, and download from there.
Mask of choice.
Font of choice. I used Copperplate Gothic.

A Special Thank You to Lacarolitas Designz & Creative By Nature.


Let’s get started:
Remember to save often!

Open your template, Shift + D to duplicate. Close the original.
Delete your ©INFO layer.

On Raster layer 1,
Selections- Select All- Selections Float- Selections Defloat.
Copy & Paste a paper of choice as a new layer. I used Paper 3.
I added a Gradient glow 3- Fat- White.
Repeat with a Black glow, Medium setting. Dropshadow.

On the raster layer 2,
Selections- Select All- Selections Float- Selections Defloat.
Copy and Paste a paper of choice. I used paper 2.
Selections- Invert- Delete- Select None.
Repeat the gradient glow settings you used on raster 1. First white, then black.
Add a drop shadow.

On your Inside Frames layer, Selections- Select All- Float- Defloat.
Copy and Paste a paper of choice. I am using paper 4.
When paper is where you want it, Selections- Invert- Delete- Select None.

Again, on your Inside Frames layer, select the frame on the left.
Copy & paste a closeup of the tube you want to add to that frame,
Arrange & resize to fit, then Selections- Invert- Delete.
Repeat this process for the next two frames.

On Frame layer, using your magic wand, click the gray area in each frame, using your shift key to select multiples.
When your marching ants are all around your frames,
add a new raster layer and flood fill each frame white.
Add a thin black gradient glow to this layer. Drop shadow.

Add a drop shadow to your lines layer.

Copy & Paste, your tube as a new layer.
Resize & arrange your tube how you want it.
Drop shadow.

Repeat this with any elements you want to place in your tag.
Refer to my tag for example.

Select the background layer in your palette.
Copy and paste a paper of choice, I used paper 8.
Go to Layers- New Mask Layer- From Image- Find your mask in the drop down box, and click OK.
On the mask layer of the layer palette, right click, merge group.

Crop & resize your tag. Add Copyright info & name, and your done!


Thank you for trying my tutorial.
I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment