Friday, August 12, 2011

♫ Don't Stop The Music ♫

Don’t Stop The Music

This tutorial was written by me on August 12, 2011,
and is written for those with a working knowledge of PSP.
It is written using PSP9, however, any version will do.
Please do not alter my tuts, or copy & paste them to any websites, blogs, or forums.
You may however, provide a link to the tut on my site.
This tutorial is my own creation, and any resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.


Materials Needed:

Tube of choice. I am using the work of Elias Chatzoudis.
You need a license to use his work, and you can purchase it HERE.
Scrap kit of choice, or the one I used is a gorgeous freebie by LaCaRoLiTaS DeSiGnZ.
It is called Don’t Stop The Music, and can be found HERE.
Template by Scraps of Enchantment, template #119.
You can find it HERE.
Mask of choice. The one I used was Becky Mask 042.
Becky’s blog is closed, and I do not have permission to share the mask…sorry.
Font of choice. I used Happy.

A special thank you to Lacarolitas Designz, Scraps of Enchantment, & Becky for the freebies your provide.


Let’s get started:
Remember to save often!

Open your template, Shift + D to duplicate. Close the original.
Delete your ©INFO layer.

Go to Image- Resize- 70%, all layers checked.
Go to Image- Canvas Size- Change canvas size to 700x700. Click OK.
You can crop and resize later.
Click on the bottom layer (Pink Brush Right).
Add a new raster layer. Move this raster to the bottom. Flood Fill White.

On your LargeBlackRectangle layer,
Selections- Select All- Selections Float- Selections Defloat.
Copy & Paste a paper of choice as a new layer. I used Paper 1.
I added a Black gradient glow to this layer. That is optional. Dropshadow.

On the BlackCircleLeft & BlackCircleRight layers,
Using your magic wand, click inside the circles,
using shift key while selecting the second one.
When both of these black circles have marching ants around them,
Copy and Paste a paper of choice. I used paper 4.
Selections- Invert- Delete- Select None.
Add a drop shadow to both layers.

On your PinkSquare layer, using your magic wand, select the pink area.
Copy and Paste a paper of choice.
 I again used paper 1, moving it in a position where the music symbols are in the selected area.
When paper is where you want it, Selections- Invert- Delete- Select None.
Add a drop shadow to this layer.

On your SmallBlackCircleLeft layer,
Using magic wand select inside the black circle.
Copy & Paste a close up of your tube.
Resize to fit. When happy, go to Selections- Invert- Delete.
Lower the opacity to 60.
Duplicate this layer, go to Image- Mirror.
Now make sure it fits in the Right circle layer.
Back to the SmallBlackCircleLeft layer,
Add a fat white gradient glow of choice.
Dropshadow.
Now repeat this process with the SmallBlackCircleRight layer.

Now add a slight dropshadow to your Brush and Star layers.

On you Wording layer. Right click- Merge- Merge Down.
Again Right Click- Merge- Merge Down.
All of your wording layers should now be merged together.
Add a drop shadow to this layer, and arrange where you want it.

Copy and Paste your tube. Arrange where you want it, resize smart size if necessary. Dropshadow your tube.

Now using whatever elements you would like to use, resize and arrange them around your tag as you wish. Add a drop shadow to each layer.

Select the bottom layer in your palette.
Copy and paste a paper of choice, I used paper 5.
Go to Layers- New Mask Layer- From Image- Find your mask in the drop down box, and click OK.
On the mask layer of the layer palette, right click, merge group.

Crop & resize your tag. Add Copyright info & name, and your done!


Thank you for trying my tutorial.
I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment